UPDATES & NEWS
Please read our communication sent June 12, 2018 for important updates for the 2018-19 school year: www.smore.com/7x3cm
- PC/Mac Computers: Lockdown Browser
As of July 2018, schools are required to use the latest version of the lockdown browser to administer and manage the MAP Growth assessments. The updated lockdown browser for both the MAC and PC can be downloaded directly from the NWEA MARC site (http://teach.mapnwea.org). Login using your credentials and look for the Information Center. The lockdown browsers can be downloaded from the bottom of the main screen. Here are the most updated versions of the lockdown browser by platform:
PC (Version 18.104.22.168) & Mac® (Version 22.214.171.124). As part of their efforts to improve MAP Growth over time, and to ensure you have a secure and flawless testing experience, NWEA® must occasionally stop supporting older browsers and operating systems. For the next school year, some older operating systems and browsers will no longer be usable for MAP Growth testing: Mac OSX 10.9 & Mac OSX 10.10.
As of February 20, 2018, students are required to test using the NWEA Secure Testing app. The newest version of the NWEA Secure Testing app supports Automatic Assessment Configuration (AAC) which prevents the student from closing the app or navigating to other apps while the test is active. You can download the updated app from the iTunes App Store. It is important to note that IOS 9 will no longer be supported, as of July 2018, for administering or taking the MAP Growth assessments.
The chromebook app was most recently updated on July 22, 2018. You can download the latest NWEA Secure Testing app for chromebooks on the Google Chrome Store.
- Fall 2018 Window: September 4 to October 5, 2018
- Winter 2019 Window: January 7 to February 8, 2019
- Spring 2019 Window: April 29 to May 31, 2019
Fall 2018 Rostering
On June 22, your Fall 2018 rosters will be uploaded to your BOX folder. These will need to be updated with new student enrollment and class assignments. Visit https://csotechteam.weebly.com/roster-guide.html for more information on how to update your roster. For schools participating in RenWeb, you will NOT need to roster. We will instead roster for you.
NWEA Technology Workshop
Livia Ramos hosted a technology workshop in March 2018 for all technology personnel. She discussed how to prepare for the next testing window as well as troubleshooting options for some of our most commonly asked questions. You can download the presentation below.
NWEA Tech Hotline
- If you are experiencing a technical issue and need immediate support during testing, please contact the NWEA's Technical Support team by phone at 877.469.3287.
- For questions that are not time sensitive, you can submit an inquiry online through NWEA's Contact Form:
- During testing, you can also check the technical status of NWEA here: http://status.nwea.org. In the event of an emergency, such as a natural disaster which might interrupt testing, this site will provide you with up-to-date notices.
- You are also welcome to contact Dr. Amy Ryan, Annie Smith, and Rebecca Mongeau with any Archdiocese of Boston-related issues and/or concerns by email at email@example.com.